Monday, September 20, 2010

What is that?

Life will never get boring!

Sunday, James told me a heart-wrenching, yet embarrassingly funny story about a date he had on saturday!
Saturday, LJ introduced me to an Indian Legend brought to life through dancing, acting, and FIRE! 

Friday, Jared brought a bunch of people to a bike jump right in our back yard!










Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday, full of awesome lectures of whole worlds and systems I have never even heard of! Meeting incredible people! Blogging!

What it all comes down to, is where is the end of discovery? 

To juice up our brains, to discover all the secret magical meadows in Provo, to go to sleep everyday content with life, here are just some thoughts from the reading and scientists!

1) Wonder about things! 
   - ever wonder about how Aspirin works?
   - ever wonder about why pollution is so bad for the environment?
   - ever wonder why some nations make incredible technological progress while others struggle?
2) Formulate a question, and ask it!
   - how many different ways can I create to reach my goal?
   - what is the temperature of a candle flame?
   - how can i become a better person?
3) Make predictions, hypothesize, start thinking!
   - if I buy my girlfriend flowers, she will probably give me a nice big hug and a delicious kiss :)
   - if tea leaves stains on cups, it is probably bad for my body...something
4) Look, listen, touch, smell, research, taste, learn, ask!
5) Compare things! How are they alike! How are they different? 
6) Use words to explain things! Why things happen? What is going on?

I dunno, Life is too rich to pass by. Let every moment be full of discovery...we have been given so much! Just like my good friend Jeffrey Whitlock said, we have so much to be grateful for. Where much is given, much is required! 

Lets add to what all the scientists and humanists laid before us!

Remember, the dwarf that stands on the giant's shoulders can see farther than the giant can.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeffrey, your blog is inspiring. I think you do a really good job of tying in what we're learning to modern times and making it fun at the same time. I like that quote you have at the bottom. I wrote my blog about Dolly Parton and how she is standing on the shoulders of giants, ha!

    ReplyDelete